Skip to main content

DREAM MATTE MOUSSE MAYBELLINE BASE- BEST FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN

  DREAM MATTE MOUSSE MAYBELLINE BASE-Maybelline products are just love. If you are a Maybelline fanatic like me then you must have tried a lot of its products. I always try on different Maybelline products as it's one of my favorite brands. I have tried different foundations of Maybelline and this time I wanted to try its famous Dream Matte Mouse Foundation. My friends were already using it and their reviews were always positive about it. Anyhow, I wanted to try it myself. So I just went and bought it.

DREAM MATTE MOUSSE MAYBELLINE

MAYBELLINE DREAM MATTE MOUSSE FOUNDATION:

  • Packaging: small cylindrical glass pot- travel friendly 
  • Consistency and Texture: Thick, moussey and feels light on the skin
  • Price: 1890 PKR

My Experience with Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I usually pick up Maybelline products blindly because till now all of their products that I tried on never dissatisfied me. I have combination skin(more oily sometimes or drier or both) but wanted to try it for my skin in the summer when it is more oily. At first, I thought it wouldn't work for me in summer because of its moussey, thick and soft texture. But my friends always reviewed it positively so I also had to give it a chance and bought it.
DREAM MATTE MOUSSE MAYBELLINE


 
  • Shades: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse comes in different shades. I tried on different shades buying it and shade "10- Ivory" perfectly matched my skin. It is perfect for fair skin tones with yellow undertones. You must choose a shade according to your skin tone but always must try it on your neck or face before buying.

  • Packaging: It comes in a small cylindrical glass pot. You can easily carry it in your bag while traveling anywhere. It contains a limited product. 

  • Texture: It has a lovely texture. It feels so light on the skin and easy to apply and blend out. The application process is so easy, I take a little amount of it and apply it all over the face. I use to apply it using my fingers and it easily blends and smoothens over my face. 

  • Coverage: It is medium to full coverage. It depends on how much coverage you want. You can build coverage by layering the foundation. I use it for everyday, simple looks. On first application, it hides all my little pimple scars and dark circles. I  apply a little amount and it hides all imperfections. No extra concealer is needed.

  • Fragrance and irritation: It has a scent like that of sunscreen and after application, it fades immediately. It causes no irritation on the skin as I have sensitive skin. Some products suit me others do not. It didn't cause any irritation on my skin.

  • Efficacy: When I first applied it, it looked so flawless on my skin. It completely settled on my face and seemed like I applied nothing to my face. It is so easy to blend out and mattifies my face. Also, it made my skin look so beautiful and smooth, unlike other foundation that oxidizes after some time and makes your face look so weird and dull. It does not oxidize at all. I have an oily T- Zone and it also controls oil in that area. Normally I don't apply compact powder over the foundation, I like dewy finish more but when  I want a matte look, the powder sets on it beautifully. You can also use it for simple everyday looks or different occasions if you have oily skin.

  • Staying Power: It stays on good on my face for 8-9 hours after which my T-Zone starts to get oily. But you can increase its staying power by using compact power.
    DREAM MATTE MOUSSE MAYBELLINE


 This foundation is perfect for oily skin, combination, and sensitive skin. I also tried using it in winter when my skin is drier, but it doesn't look good at all. It breaks around my nose chin, forehead, and chin after some time and dries up in these areas. If you want to try it for winter too then do prep your skin well before applying it. Apply a good quantity of moisturizer to your skin before using it. In summer, you can use a little bit of moisturizer.

PROS:
  1. affordable
  2. easy to blend
  3. hides imperfections perfectly
  4. perfect for oily, sensitive and combination skin
  5. feels light on the face
  6. stays for a long time
  7. doesn't oxidize
  8. gives an instant matte look
  9. doesn't look cakey on face.

CONS:

  1. not suitable for dry skin
  2. limited quantity
  3. limited shades

How to apply Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

  • Step 1: wash your face with any good facewash
  • Step 2: Apply moisturizer
  • Step 3: If you want to apply primer, then apply it before foundation.
  • Step 4: Dot the foundation over your face, a little amount of it goes a long way, and spread it over your face using your fingers or sponge or makeup brush.
  • Step 5: Apply more trouble areas and dab it well.

Will I recommend this product?

I would highly recommend this product for people with oily skin and combination skin. It is perfect for everyday use. You wouldn't need to put on extra effort into applying it. It is one of the best inexpensive foundations available in the market I have used and still using it. Get it and you will see the results yourself.

I hope this review of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation was helpful to you ladies. I explained the results I experienced using it. You can give it a try as it is far better than many other expensive foundations and it does great work for your skin :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'OREAL TRUE MATCH COMPACT POWDER REVIEW- BEST OR WORST COMPACT POWDER

L'OREAL TRUE MATCH COMPACT POWDER REVIEW- I am a true fan of L'Oreal products. I have tried a lot of L'Oreal products, especially its foundations and mascaras but this time I wanted to try its compact powder. As I have combination skin (sometimes more oily, sometimes more dry or both), I was looking for a compact powder that suits my skin. And then finally, I got my hands on L'Oreal True Match Compact Powder. I was super excited to try it.  L'OREAL TRUE MATCH COMPACT POWDER: Packaging: Plastic- it has a mirror and sponge applicator Consistency: Too powdery, not smooth Price: I bought it for 2350 PKR MY EXPERIENCE WITH LOREAL TRUE MATCH COMPACT POWDER: Packaging:  If we talk about its packaging so it comes in plastic packaging with a mirror and sponge applicator. Though I didn't like the sponge so I used another powder puff. Anyhow, the packaging is satisfactory overall.    Shades:   The product comes in different shades. Initially, I had difficulty choosing the

BEST FACE MOISTURIZER FOR OILY SKIN AND ACNE- BENEFITS OF ALOEVERA GEL FOR SKIN

BEST FACE MOISTURIZER FOR OILY SKIN AND ACNE-There are many different kinds of moisturizers of different brands available in the market so it becomes difficult which one to choose. Getting a perfect moisturizer means you don't have to worry about half of your skin problems. It is not something specifically for people with dry skin can only use but for people like me who have combination skin (sometimes more oily, sometimes more dry, or sometimes both), it is also necessary to moisturize their skin well. Better moisturizing of skin comes with the use of good moisturizer. It doesn't mean always to consider brands or expensive moisturizers when talking about the best moisturizers.  What we always do? we just randomly pick up any moisturizer irrespective of considering its results and how it would react to our skin. And gets excited that yeah it's doing its work well. But needpeople like me who sometimes have more oily and sensitive skin needs to be extra careful. All of us hav